IOI Photos have been posted
Posted first Newsletter
Schedule updated including information about new Evening Lectures.
Rules, competition environment and sample tasks added to site.
Registration activated and many ioi2010.org web updates.
Demonstration Task 1: GuessJill is thinking of a number between 1 and N, and Jack wants to guess it by asking Jill questions of the form "Is it bigger than K?" for K between 1 and N.
You are to implement a procedure play(N) that implements Jack's role in the game. Your implementation should repeatedly call the procedure bigger(K), which is implemented by the grader. bigger(K) will return 1 if Jill's number is greater than K; otherwise it will return 0. Jill's number should be returned by your implementation as the result of play.
Subtask 1 [50 points]Assume that N=16. Your implementation must use at most 15 calls to bigger and must return the correct result. The implementation files described below contain a correct implementation of this subtask.
Subtask 2 [50 points]Assume that N=16. Your implementation must use at most 4 calls to bigger and must return the correct result.
- Use the RunC programming and test environment
- Implementation folder: /home/ioi2010-contestant/guess/ (download prototype here)
- To be implemented by contestant: player.c or player.cpp or player.pas
- Contestant interface: player.h or player.pas
- Grader interface: grader.h or graderlib.pas
- Sample grader: grader.c or grader.cpp or grader.pas and graderlib.pas
- Sample grader input: grader.in.1 grader.in.2
Note: The sample grader reads N and Jill's number from standard input.
- Expected output for sample grader input: grader.expect.1 grader.expect.2
- Compile and run (command line): runc grader.c or runc grader.cpp or runc grader.pas
- Compile and run (gedit plugin): Control-R, while editing any implementation file.
- Submit (command line): submit grader.c or submit grader.cpp or submit grader.pas
- Submit (gedit plugin): Control-J, while editing any implementation or grader file.
- CPU time limit: 10 seconds
- Memory limit: 256 MB